Ever since the 70’s, the divorce rate in America has continued to spike. What is responsible for the divorce rate in America?
- Women started to become more independent. The divorce rate in America was never low because marriages were much stronger and happier than today. Couples just stayed in their horrible marriages because there were no other options, financially or socially. However, the world has changed. Since the rise of women’s rights and the fact that women can now succeed financially without men, unsatisfied married women can now break ties with their husbands without fear of social rejection or financial plight.
- Low self-esteem leads to volatile relationships. When you have low self-esteem, it means you do not trust yourself or love yourself enough. Those with low self-esteem tend to enter relationships for the wrong reasons. If you love yourself enough, and someone you are dating doesn’t show the same sort of compassion, you should open your mouth and communicate. Those with low self-esteem find themselves in a state of denial, and accept it when their significant other treats them poorly. This makes for a volatile relationship and also divorce down the road after the abuse has gone on long enough.
- People have sex faster. In more conservative times, couples took their sexual relationships much slower than today. When a woman has sex quickly, they have no idea other than to be obsessed about the man if they like him at all. There’s a certain magic that covers the man and if the woman has self-esteem issues, the man will look even more fabulous. This quick obsession often leads to unhealthy relationships, and eventually, divorce.
7 Tips To Lessen The Chance Of Divorce
- Do not look for a quick fix. Americans live in an era of instant gratification. If you need something there is most likely a way to get it quickly. However, real relationships take work. 7 tips to how to make your relationship perfect is a magazine cover. A strong, legitimate relationship takes a lot of communication and, in most cases, a lengthy amount of time. Those who rush into marriage are much more likely to end their relationship as another statistic in the divorce rate in America than those who take their time.
- Heal the past. Whether you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth or in a chaotic environment, all kids have the very human childhood experience of not getting what they want and parents not knowing how to deal with it. This means that everyone suffers from some sort of self-esteem issues, and it needs to be dealt with before beginning a healthy relationship. Until you address and handle the past, you will never truly start being yourself in the present.
- Communicate. If your significant other treats you poorly, than communicate to them that you are dissatisfied. Isolating yourself in a state of denial will only make things worse in the long run and will lead to an unhealthy relationship. Definitely do not let your significant other get used to mistreating you.
- Life is a journey. You are not going to wake up one day and find out you’ve developed a strong self esteem. Instead, develop an attitude that life is a school and it will never be completely perfect; however, you can keep learning from difficulties and challenges like you learned in school or on the job. Once you realize this fact, an incredible weight can be lifted from your shoulders. After truly treating life like a lesson, the world ceases to become such a mean place.
- Build a good support system. Surround yourself with people who want to make relationships work. Men who surround themselves with friends who rag on and rip apart women all the time are much less likely to build a healthy relationship. This company will only poke holes in your relationship. If you’re trying to stop smoking and all your friends are adamantly smoking, they aren’t going to support you, and you probably won’t quit.
- Write. When you feel horrible, sit down and write down everything you are grateful for. Keep on writing until you feel better. This technique is about expressing yourself so that you can have that attitude that you’re going to learn from whatever happens in your life. This can help extraordinarily with developing a healthy self esteem.
- Pay yourself first. Everyone has an overhead. Spend money on your own personal growth before you throw it away on superficial things. Flat-chested women have had good relationships all their lives. You don’t need a boob job and if you get one, it won’t change you. It’s only some thing. Likewise, men do not need to spend 99% of their paycheck on their love interest. Instead, portion out a good share of your finances on your passion, discovering new passions, hobbies, coaching, and so on.